Subscribe to knowledge bases and knowledge articles and receive email notifications
about new articles and article revisions or comments.
With the Knowledge Management knowledge subscription feature, users can subscribe to both
knowledge bases and knowledge articles.
- Knowledge base owners are auto-subscribed to all articles in the knowledge bases they own.
They receive email notifications when new articles are created or revised in the knowledge
- Knowledge authors are auto-subscribed to the articles they create. They receive email
notifications when the articles they created are checked out or revised by other authors, and if
the articles receive user comments.
Users can set their Knowledge notification preferences using System
- Users who subscribe to a knowledge base receive email notifications when new articles are
created in the knowledge base or if the existing articles are revised.
- Users who subscribe to an article receive email notifications when the article is
The knowledge subscription feature is available for both the Knowledge Management v3 user
interface and the Knowledge Management Service Portal.
Activate the Knowledge Management Advanced plugin
(com.snc.knowledge_advanced) to use the knowledge
subscription feature. The Knowledge Management Advanced plugin activates the Subscriptions and
Activity Feed Framework plugin (com.snc.activity_subscriptions).
Note: The Knowledge Management
Advanced plugin is not activated by default.
If the article versioning feature is enabled, the following notifications are also sent:
- An article is checked out
- An article is revised
- A new version of an article is published
Before using the article subscription feature, the system administrator must:
- Activate the Knowledge Management Advanced plugin.
- Configure the knowledge subscription properties.
- If necessary, customize the article subscription email notification templates.