When you create custom content to be placed as widgets on dashboards
and home pages, you must perform extra tests before you export the content to PDF.
Outside of ServiceNow
As with any custom implementations, several things have limited or no support when they are
- Custom content blocks: Content blocks that are not out-of-the-box or part of a
- Custom interactive filters (dynamic content blocks).
- Custom Iframes, including Iframes that link back to existing UI pages and
- Custom widgets: widgets not created by ServiceNow.
- Custom Global UI scripts: UI scripts that are not out-of-the-box.
- Custom UI pages: UI pages that are not out-of-the-box.
- Custom script includes: Script includes that are not out-of-the-box.
PDF export engines do not render pages the same way a browser does. PDF export
Content block developers are responsible for testing their code against PDF export and for
adjusting their implementation to these limitations.