Review these guidelines for using Virtual Agent with Slack or with
Slack Enterprise Grid.
- Slack – Installing Virtual Agent with Slack
creates a one-to-one association between the ServiceNow instance that
you are installing from and the Slack workspace in which the integration
- Use a separate Slack workspace for each instance that you plan to
install the integration in.
- If you use a non-production instance for testing, use a different
- Slack Enterprise Grid – If you have Slack Enterprise Grid workspaces, your end
users can move between workspaces and use the Virtual Agent bot from any
- If you use a non-production instance for testing, use a workspace in a
different grid or use a non-grid workspace.
- After upgrading to the New York
- Your users must relink their ServiceNow accounts to the Virtual Agent messaging integration for Slack.
- If you upgrade to Slack Enterprise Grid after upgrading to
Madrid or a later release, an upgrade script runs automatically
to complete the upgrade for the Slack messaging
Note: If you clone an instance for non-production testing, be sure to run the
installation steps again on the clone target. Follow the guidelines above for
testing with non-production instances.