Select basic elements of a virtual agent conversation, such as the welcome greeting
or fallback responses, for use in your Virtual Agent conversations. These
reusable elements, called setup topics, are part of a standard conversation framework
applied to all your conversations.
The prebuilt setup topics, except for the Anything else and Survey topics, are
automatically included in your conversations. To include the Survey and Anything
else topics in your conversations, select them in the Setup
Each setup topic has a default message or response that Virtual Agent uses in your
conversations, except for the Survey and Anything else topics. Each setup topic also
runs at the appropriate spot in a conversation based on the context, keywords or
utterances entered by the user, and also any conditions that you specify for the
Setup topics run during a conversation as follows:
- Conversation beginning: Virtual agent presents the Greeting topic and the
list of available topics (Virtual Agent capabilities) that a user can
- Conversation body (these topics can occur at different points in the
conversation, depending on the context):
- User requests help: Virtual agent presents the Explore help topic
- User enters a request or keyword that the virtual agent does not
understand: Virtual agent presents the Fallback topic.
- An unrecoverable system error occurs during conversation: Virtual
agent runs the Error Handling topic, and then transfers the user to
a live agent.
- User requests a transfer to live agent: Virtual agent runs the Live
Agent topic, which transfers the user to a live agent.
- After a task or user request is completed: Virtual agent runs the
Anything else topic to ask if the user wants to continue with
another request or task.
- Conversation ending:
- If the user does not want further assistance after a task or user
request is completed, the virtual agent presents the Survey topic
for feedback on the conversational experience.
- After the survey, the virtual agent runs the Closing topic to end