Create tasks for a demand to delegate cost, effort, risk, and benefit assessment
activities. Assign a resource or group to the demand task to track the actual time and
effort spent on performing the specified activities.
You create demand tasks to plan the work for demands rather than for the target work
entity such as a project, change, defect, or enhancement. For more information, see
- Planned dates, actual dates, and original dates are part of project tasks not
- The due date indicates the date on which the task is targeted for completion and
does not affect the demand workflow. Project tasks, however, affect the project
completion dates if the planned dates and actual dates are changed.
- Do not support creation of nested demand tasks.
- Do not support task constraints such as the settings Start ASAP and Start on
- Do not support an execution type such as Agile, Waterfall, or Hybrid.
- You assign resources for a demand task use the Assigned
to field, Additional Assignee list, and
Assignment Group fields.
Note: If you associate a
resource plan with a demand task, the associated resource plan is not
transferred to the work entity created from that demand. Therefore, do not
create and use resource plans for allocating resources or groups to a demand
Resources assigned to a demand task can submit the time spent on it using a time