If contextual search is available in a form that uses the knowledge search icon, that
icon is removed to ensure there is only a single knowledge search mechanism for that
To retain the ability to attach a selected article to that form, an extra
Attach button appears on the search results list, and an
Attach to incident button appears on the displayed
Click the relevant button to attach that knowledge article to that incident,
adding details of the knowledge article to the task.
- When you click Attach, a note about the
KB article is copied or appended to the Additional
comments field. Update or save the form or use
Post to add the note into the
- You can specify which field the KB article is copied to:
- Override the central setting per table configuration:
- Configure the Attach
action in the .
- Bring up each attach action in the form
- Select Use custom field for attach
- Specify the name of the Attach
note field (for example:
- Leave the Attach note
field empty if you do not want to add a note to
any of the fields.
- If the specified field is not found on the
form then a note is not added to any of the