Thank you for your feedback.
Form temporarily unavailable. Please try again or contact docfeedback@servicenow.com to submit your comments.
Versions
  • Madrid
  • London
  • Kingston
  • Jakarta
  • Istanbul
  • Helsinki
  • Geneva
  • Store
Close

Pareto reports

Log in to subscribe to topics and get notified when content changes.

Pareto reports

Pareto charts help you identify the most important dimension in a large set of dimensions. Columns show data in descending order. A line shows cumulative percentage.

Pareto charts contain both bar and line graphs. The bars display the data in descending order from left to right, and the line graph shows the cumulative totals from each category in the same order. The left Y axis is the record count, and the right Y axis is the cumulative percentage of the total number of records evaluated. The blue line at the 80% mark helps determine which data is the most influential in the process. The data to the left of the intersection of the line graph and the 80% mark have the greatest effect on the overall outcome.

The figure below shows that five callers account for 80% of the incident calls, while seven account for the other 20%.
Figure 1. Pareto report example
Pareto chart
Feedback