Consider the following when planning to use the demand management application.
- Roles: Determine who has the demand manager [it_demand_manager] and demand user
- Portfolios: Determine how you want to group or categorize demands, and then have
a user with the it_project_manager role create portfolios based on those
- Stakeholders: Identify individuals who have the appropriate domain knowledge to
evaluate demands related to each portfolio. Then, make them stakeholders for that portfolio and identify if they are to receive
assessments or be demand approvers. Changes made to
Approver or Assessment
recipient in the demand record update the Demand Stakeholder
- Assessments: Consider using assessments to facilitate the information gathering process. Define
metric categories and assessment metrics required to develop and distribute
assessments to the appropriate audience. Assessments are automatically sent to
the Assessment recipient portfolio stakeholders once the
demand is moved into the screening state. However, the demand managers can
decide if the assessment should be triggered for a demand using the
Assessment Required field on the demand form.
- Resource plans: Consider developing resource plans to help the organization
understand the time and resource costs associated with the demand. Resource
plans require that the Resource Management application is active. Resource plans
created for approved demands create duplicate resource plans in the project
record. Any resource plans attached to the demand propagate to the project.
- Enhancement and defect requests: Determine if you need the ability to manage
enhancement and defect requests as demands. This functionality requires that the
Agile Development is active.