Knowledge contributors can edit/update knowledge articles within a knowledge base to
update information shared across your organization.
Users with at least one role can edit knowledge. These users are known as knowledge
contributors. Users without any role can read articles and submit feedback, but
cannot edit articles.
However, Knowledge managers can configure User Criteria to restrict access to certain
Knowledge bases. For example, only members of the IT department can create or edit
knowledge articles in the IT knowledge base, such as desktop support information or
articles describing company IT processes.
Note: If you have user criteria "Can contribute" permission for the specified knowledge
base, but are not the article author, and do not have a knowledge base admin or
manager role: The installed Knowledge Management Advanced Installer plugin requires
the glide.knowman.versioning.enabled property (from the
System Property [sys_properties] table) to be set to
false to enable you to be able to make changes to
unpublished articles within the knowledge base.
Edit an article using one of these options.
- Edit published/unpublished articles with Versioning enabled:
- Navigate to
- Select an article from the Published or
- From the article, click Checkout and edit the
- To save changes to:
- an unpublished article, and to publish it at the same time,
- a published article, or to save changes to an unpublished
article without publishing it, click
- Edit published articles from the Knowledge homepage or Service Portal:
- Navigate to one of the following modules:
- From the Knowledge homepage, search for and select the article to edit.
- From the article, click Edit, then from the
Knowledge form record, edit the desired editable fields.
- Click Update to save changes.