Subscribe to knowledge bases and knowledge articles and receive email notifications
about new articles and article revisions or comments.
With the Knowledge Management knowledge subscription feature, users can subscribe to both
knowledge bases and knowledge articles.
- Knowledge users can receive email notifications when new articles are created in a knowledge
base or existing articles are revised. Notifications are sent based on the user's subscription
- Knowledge authors receive email notifications about articles that are checked out or revised
by other authors and articles that receive user comments. Knowledge authors are auto-subscribed
to their articles.
- Knowledge base owners receive email notifications when new articles are created in the
knowledge base. Knowledge base owners are auto-subscribed to their knowledge bases.
The knowledge subscription feature is available for both the Knowledge Management v3 user
interface and the Knowledge Management Service Portal.
Activate the Knowledge Management Advanced plugin
(com.snc.knowledge_advanced) to use the knowledge
subscription feature. The Knowledge Management Advanced plugin activates the Subscriptions and
Activity Feed Framework plugin (com.snc.activity_subscriptions).
Note: The Knowledge Management
Advanced plugin is not activated by default.
Users can subscribe to knowledge articles and knowledge bases. Notifications are sent based on
the notification preferences for the following activities:
- A new article is created
- An article receives user comments
If the article versioning feature is enabled, the following notifications are also sent:
- An article is checked out
- An article is revised
- A new version of an article is published
Before using the article subscription feature, the system administrator must:
- Activate the Knowledge Management Advanced plugin.
- Configure the knowledge subscription properties.
- If necessary, customize the article subscription email notification templates.