Set up pages to be public or filter them by role.
Public pages won't require a user login; anyone can access them. All other options require user
To manage your page security:
- In the Service Portal configuration page (
), open the Page Editor.
- In the Select Page list, search for the page you want to apply page security to.
- Select the highest level node in the tree view.
- To make a page public, select the Public check
box. All users can access pages marked as Public.
- To limit access to a certain role, add roles in a comma separated
list. Users without the role listed can see links to the page if they appear in the
portal. Trying to open the page results in a page not found error.
Note: If you select
Public and add a list of roles, the page is still accessible by
- To create a draft page that only administrators can see while the page
is still in development, select Draft. Users must have the admin
role to see any pages in draft. Everyone else sees a page not found error.