The UI16 interface provides an updated look and usability improvements.
Notable features include real-time form updates, user presence, a redesigned application
navigator with tabs for favorites and history, and enhanced activity streams. UI16 is the default
user interface for new instances. For upgraded instances, an administrator must activate
Watch the five-minute video User Interface | Overview to learn about the elements of the UI16
Table 1. UI16 components
||Runs across the top of every page and contains a logo and the following information,
controls, and tools.
- User menu provides options to access your profile and preferences. Administrators can
impersonate users and elevate their security role.
- Connect sidebar icon (): Lets you begin or continue conversations. This icon is available if Connect is
- Global text search icon (): Finds records from multiple tables.
- Help icon (): Opens the help panel with embedded help, where available. If there is no
embedded help, it offers help search options.
- Gear icon (): Opens the System settings for the user interface (UI).
||Also called the left-navigation bar. Provides links to all applications and modules.
See Application navigator.
||Displays information such as lists, forms, homepages, and wizards.
||The Edge is removed in UI16. The collapsed view of the UI16 application navigator is
similar to the Edge.