To use Spotlight, activate the Spotlight plugin. Also activate any of the Spotlight
solution plugins that apply to how you use the product.
Spotlight functionality is not available until you activate the Performance Analytics - Spotlight
plugin (com.snc.pa.spotlight). You can activate the plugin directly or through
activating your first Spotlight solution plugin.
Each Spotlight Solution provides the
- A Spotlight Dashboard for the relevant application, along with reports that
can be put in other dashboards.
- A preconfigured Spotlight Group that defines which records to evaluate.
- Several spotlight criteria based on common business use cases.
After Spotlight is activated, a Guided Setup is available to walk you
through the Spotlight solutions. Navigate to and follow the instructions there.
If you have activated a Spotlight solution, examine the
Spotlight group and Spotlight criteria for that solution. A Guided Setup is available to
walk you through the solution. Navigate to and follow the instructions there.
Find and click the plugin name.
On the System Plugin form, review the plugin details and then click the
Activate/Upgrade related link.
If the plugin depends on other plugins, these plugins are listed along with
their activation status.
If the plugin has optional features that depend on other plugins, those
plugins are listed under Some files will not be loaded because
these plugins are inactive. The optional features are not
installed until the listed plugins are installed (before or after the
installation of the current plugin).
If available, select the Load demo data check box.
Some plugins include demo data—Sample records that are designed to illustrate
plugin features for common use cases. Loading demo data is a good practice
when you first activate the plugin on a development or test instance.
You can also load demo data after the plugin is activated by clicking the
Load Demo Data Only related link on the System
Available Spotlight solutions
The following Spotlight solutions are available:
- Spotlight - change spotlight (com.snc.pa.spotlight.change)
- Spotlight - Incident Spotlight (com.snc.pa.spotlight.incident)
- Spotlight - Problem spotlight content pack (com.snc.pa.spotlight.problem)
- Spotlight - Request spotlight content pack (com.snc.pa.spotlight.request)
- Customer Service (com.snc.pa.customer_service) - Includes the Case Spotlight group.
Activation also activates the Spotlight plugin. No dashboard, but includes the Case
Spotlight report that can be included on dashboards.