When you launch Interactive Analysis, the Filters panel displays
all of the configured filters that are available on your personalized view. So that you do not
have to clean up the filter panel, duplicate filters are removed automatically.
Duplicate filters are removed according to the following criteria:
- If the configuration is the same, the UI control determines which filter is shown on initial
launch. Multiple input filters have first priority, then single input, check box, and radio
buttons. For more information, see .
- If the configuration is the same, except that some filters have only one
target and others have multiple targets, then only the last updated filter is retained.
- If both the configuration and the UI control are the same, then the last updated filter is
- If the configuration is the same, but some filters have multiple target
columns in the same target table, then all the filters are considered as separate filters and
retained. An example of multiple target columns in the same target table is the Date
opened and Date escalated columns in the incident
- If the configuration and the UI control are the same, but the base
condition is different for any two filters, then they are considered separate filters and