Thank you for your feedback.
Form temporarily unavailable. Please try again or contact to submit your comments.

Raise a dispute

Log in to subscribe to topics and get notified when content changes.

Raise a dispute

If the showback user disagrees with any of the information on a statement expense line, then the showback user can raise a dispute.

Before you begin

Role required: showback_user


  1. Navigate to Financial Charging > My Open Disputes.
  2. Click New in the Statement Disputes list or the Number in the Statement disputes list.
  3. Fill in the form fields.
    Table 1. Statement Dispute form
    Field Description
    Number Generates the sequential number for the dispute.
    Opened by Defaults to your name as you are the user who is raising the dispute.
    Statement expense line Select the expense line from the choice list to which you disagree.
    Assigned to Assign the dispute to the service charging owner, if it is related to pricing policy, unit rate, volume, or total cost.

    Assign the dispute to service charging financial analyst, if there is a disagreement with the showback statement.

    Reason code Select an appropriate reason code from the choice list.
    State Select a status for the dispute:
    • Open: The showback user raises a dispute.
    • Work in progress: Service charging owner or service charging analyst is working on the dispute.
    • Closed complete: Dispute is resolved and closed.
    • Closed incomplete: Dispute is not resolved, but closed.
    • Closed skipped: The disputed expense line is skipped and closed.
    Reason Description of the dispute.
    Additional comments (Customer visible) Comments or notes in complete sentences and paragraphs for the service charging owner and service charging analyst to understand and resolve the dispute easily.
    Work notes Work notes for internal communication only.
    Statement expense line details The expense line of the showback statement for which the dispute is raised.
  4. Click Submit to complete the submission of the dispute or Update if you have edited a dispute.
  5. Click Close if you have reviewed the resolution for the dispute that you had raised earlier.
  6. Click Delete to delete the record.

What to do next

As a service charging owner you can navigate to My Open Disputes to view the statement disputes raised by the showback user and resolve the disputes.

If the service charging owner is not available to resolve the issue, the service charging analyst as a super user with special privileges can resolve any open dispute in My Open Disputes.