Domain separation in Field Service Management enables you to separate
data, processes, and administrative tasks into logical groupings called domains. You can then
control several aspects of this separation, including which users can see and access data.
Domain separation is
supported in this application. Not all ServiceNow applications support domain
separation; some include limitations on the data and administrative settings that can be
domain separated. To learn more, see Application support for domain
How domain separation works in Field Service Management
With domain separation in Field Service Management
- Data can be domain separated.
- The domain column is present for base system application tables and FSM tables.
- Domains are created and the domain-specific configuration is managed by the instance
- Tenant domains can manage their own application data.
- Business logic and processes can be domain-separated by the instance owner. Business
rules and policies can be created in specific domains by tenants.
- Business logic and processes can be administered by the tenant domain.
Note: Field Service Management is
configured at the application level and does not support domain-specific configuration.
For example, if you select the request-driven method for handling work order tasks, this
method is used for work order tasks in all domains.
Setting up domain separation in Field Service Management
To set up domain separation for Field Service Management, contact ServiceNow, Inc.