Domain separation in Customer Service Management. Domain
separation allows you to separate data, processes, and administrative tasks into logical
groupings called domains. You can then control several aspects of this separation, including
which users can see and access data.
Support: Level 1
Domain separation is
supported in this application. Not all ServiceNow applications support domain
separation; some include limitations on the data and administrative settings that can be
domain separated. To learn more, see Application support for domain
How domain separation works in Customer Service Management
With domain separation in Customer Service Management
- Data can be domain separated.
- The domain column is present for base system application tables and CSM tables.
- Domains are created and the domain-specific configuration is managed by the instance
- Tenant domains can manage their own application data.
- Business logic and processes can be domain-separated by the instance owner. Business
rules and policies can be created in specific domains by tenants.
- Business logic and processes can be administered by the tenant domain.
Setting up domain separation in Customer Service Management
To set up domain separation for Customer Service Management, contact ServiceNow, Inc.