Requests can be automatically created from the information in forwarded inbound
emails as long the functionality has been enabled on the configuration screen of SM
application. The emails are also to be sent to a mailbox defined by criteria in the
appropriate inbound email action.
Select the inbound email action called Create [application
name] Request (Forwarded).
The forwarded inbound email action record opens and displays the default
conditions that trigger the inbound email action.
When an email is forwarded
to the mail list defined by the criteria in Action
request is created with the following information:
- The Contact type is set to
- The email sender (if found) populates the
Caller fields for a newly created
sm_order based item.
- The email subject populates the Short
- The email body populates the Description
- The email senders company (Sender->Company) populates the
- The email senders location (Sender->Location) populates the
- The entire email is copied into the Work
You can use the email action as it is or modify it to meet the needs of your