To balance cost and resources, as the portfolio manager you can change the start date
of a demand or a project and shift it to a different fiscal period.
Role required: it_portfolio_manager
The demands and projects are open in the timeline view of portfolio workbench.
Changing the date has the following effects on cost plans and resource plans:
Click Select Demands and Projects under Step
2 in portfolio workbench.
In the timeline view, click the filter icon (), and add the Planned Start Date column if it is not
Change the planned start date of the project or demand.
- Cost plans: Cost plan dates are changed with respect to the change in project or
demand date. For example, if a demand is shifted by two months, all the
associated cost plans are also shifted by two months.
- Resource plans: The resource plan dates are changed regarding the change in
project or demand date. The changes in resource plan state are as follows:
- Allocated state resource plan: The effects on a resource plan in the
Allocated state are:
- If the resource plan has a start date in future, the resource
plan is moved back to the Requested state.
- If the resource plan has a start date in past, the resource plan
is canceled. The hard allocations for the past date are
retained, and the future hard allocations are deleted. A new
resource plan with new dates is created in the Requested
- Confirmed state resource plan: The soft allocations are deleted and the
plan moves to the Requested state.
- Planning and Requested state resource plans: There is no change in
resource plan state.
The project property
Change Resource Plan and Cost Plan Start Date with Demand or Project
Start Date Change
controls the changes in cost and resource plans
with respect to the change in the start date of a demand or project.