Precedence between assignment rules and business rules
When creating new assignment rules, keep in mind that business rules can take precedence
over assignment rules in certain circumstances.
Assignment rules and business
rules run in the following order:
- All before business rules that run on a record insert with an order value less
- The first assignment rule with the lowest execution order and matching condition.
- All before business rules that run on a record insert with an order value greater than or
equal to 1000.
- All after business rules that run on record insert.
- Parent Topic
- Related Concepts
- Assignment lookup rules example
In this example, the Data Lookup Plugin assignment lookup rule automatically assigns any
incident with the Category of Request and Subcategory of Password Reset to Fred Luddy.
- Assignment rules module
The Assignment rules module allows you to automatically set a value in the assigned_to
and assignment_group fields when a set of conditions occurs.
- Condition editor example
In this example, the assignment rule uses a condition statement to automatically assign
any incident opened in the Network category to the System Administrator in the Network assignment
- Data lookup rules
Data lookup rules offer a generic way to change any field value, not just assignment
- Workflow assignments
An alternative to creating data lookup or assignment rules is to create one or more
workflow tasks that assign a task record as part of a workflow.
- Related Tasks
- Related Reference
- Baseline assignment rules example
A baseline instance contains certain assignment rules.
- Script example
particular assignment group based on the incident category.
Products > ServiceNow Platform > Data Management; Versions > Istanbul