All production instances can send and receive email using ServiceNow-provided
Basic email offers the following services and features:
- Mail servers maintained by ServiceNow.
- Encrypt mail with opportunistic TLS (Transport Layer Security) if supported by your
- Provide a dedicated mailbox for your instance.
- Pre-configured email accounts to connect to ServiceNow mail servers.
- An SMTP account sends email to your primary Mail Exchange (MX) server from your
instance email address of firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A POP3 account receives email sent to your instance email address of
- High availability features from ServiceNow datacenters.
- Spam detection for incoming email.
Administrators who want to use basic email services can do so by enabling the email
properties for sending and receiving email.