A view defines the elements that appear when a user opens a form or a list.
When the system displays a form or list it usually displays only a subset of the fields
belonging to the underlying table. For example, this is the Incident form in the
This is the Incident form in the Metrics View:
Administrators and users with the personalize role have permission to perform the key tasks
related to views:
- create views for any list and form
- determine which view is visible by default
- delete views they have created
- create and modify view rules determining which views are available depending on the values
of the fields of the underlying table
- create rules that determine which views pertain to specific user roles
Users with the admin or view_changer roles can change views.
Views included with the base system
Several views are included with the base system, including the Default view and Advanced
Warning: Do not delete any of the base system views.