Dashboards have special granular view and edit permissions that are managed from a
dashboard's Sharing pane. ACLs apply to most widgets that are added to dashboards.
- Users with any role can create dashboards, share dashboards that they own with users and
groups, and edit dashboards if they have been given edit permissions.
- Users without a role can view dashboards that have been shared with them, but cannot create
or edit dashboards.
- Users with pa_admin and pa_power_user roles can manage sharing on any dashboard that they
can edit. They can also assign an owner to a dashboard that has no owner.
- Admin can edit and manage sharing for any dashboards they can access, and can change a
dashboard's owner at any time.
- Only a dashboard's owner and users with the admin role can delete that dashboard.
A widget's ACLs apply when that widget is added to dashboards (except for Performance Analytics
widgets) . If a user can view a dashboard but does not have ACLs to view one of its widgets, an
empty widget placeholder is displayed. ACLs do not apply to data visualizations that display
aggregate data, such as pie or bar reports. ACLs always apply to list data that is displayed in
widgets. Rows in a list that a user does not have access to are not displayed.
Note: ACLs are not applied to Performance Analytics widgets that are added to dashboards. Any user
who can view a dashboard can view all of its Performance Analytics widgets. Performance Analytics
widgets can only be added to dashboards by users with the pa_power_user, pa_admin, and admin
Dashboard permissions may also be impacted by the Restrict to role field
on the dashboard properties form (can be changed by the dashboard owner, and users with pa_power
_user, pa_admin, or admin roles), and by dashboard group permissions (can be changed by users
with the pa_power_user, pa_admin, and admin roles).
A pie report widget that visualizes 36 records is added to a dashboard. Any user with
access to that dashboard and that report can view the pie visualization of all 36 records.
However, if a user drills down into list view for that widget, only the records that user has
access are visible in list view.