At its simplest, auto assignment involves identifying a set of selection criteria and
automatically assigning the task to the agent who most closely meets the criteria. You can,
however, select multiple sets of criteria, including both rating-based and time-based
When a task is qualified or marked as Ready for Work
, the following
evaluations are performed:
- The agents' ratings are calculated. If the Auto-selection of agents will
consider agent or task schedules configuration option is disabled for the
application, the agents' ratings are used exclusively for auto-assigning an agent.
more information on how the ratings are calculated, see:
- If the Auto-selection of agents will consider agent or task
schedules configuration option is enabled, the schedules of the agents whose
ratings are acceptable for auto-assignment are compared to the schedule for the task, and
the agent with the best match is auto-assigned. For more information on time-based methods
for auto-assigning agents, see:
Auto assignment is based on the following calculation:
(Criteria_1 rating x Criteria_1 weight) + (Criteria_2 rating x Criteria_2 weight) +
(Criteria_3 rating x Criteria_3 weight) / Number of criteria types used
- Number of criteria types used = 1, 2, or 3 depending on the location, skill, and time zone
This example calculates agent auto-assignment based on location and skills. The example is
based on the following assumptions.
- The Auto-selection of agents will consider location of agents
configuration option is enabled for the application.
- The Auto-selection of agents requires them to have some of the required
skills for the task configuration option is enabled for the
- The Skills Weight property is set to 10 for the application.
- The Location Weight property is set to 5 for the
- Agents A and B are available to perform a task, and the task requires four specific
- Agent A's location is 5 miles from the site of the task and he possesses three of the
four required skills.
- Agent B's location is one-quarter mile from the site, and she possesses two of the
Auto assignment for the agents uses this calculation:
[(Location rating x Location weight) + (Skills rating x Skills weight)]/ 2
- The auto assignment calculation for Agent A is:
[(0.7 x 0.5) + (0.75 x 1)]/ 2 =
- The auto assignment calculation for Agent B is:
[(0.9 x 0.5) + (0.5 x 1)]/ 2 =
In this example, Agent A is auto assigned the task.