The Configuration Management (CMDB) application provides core functionality for the
configuration management database, including modules for hardware and configuration items. The
separate Extended CMDB plugin includes a collection of modules for specialized configuration
items, such as radio hardware, test equipment, and voice system hardware.
The Configuration Management (CMDB) plugin is automatically active for all instances. You
must activate related plugins to access the modules for specialized configuration items.
- CMDB Mainframe (com.snc.cmdb.mainframe)
- CMDB Radio Category (com.snc.cmdb.radio.category)
- CMDB Telecom Category (com.snc.cmdb.telecom.category)
- CMDB Test Equipment (com.snc.cmdb.test.equipment)
Activating the Extended CMDB plugins
Role required: admin
- Navigate to
- Right-click the plugin name on the list and select
If the plugin depends on other plugins,
these plugins and their activation status are listed.
- [Optional] Select the Load demo data check box.
plugins include demo data—sample records that are designed to illustrate plugin
features for common use cases. Loading demo data is a good policy when first
activating the plugin on a development or test instance. You can load demo data after
the plugin is activated by repeating this process and selecting the check box.
- Click Activate.