The ValidateWorkflowStageColumn validator detects and reports
when the stage field (stage column) for a workflow is not correct or is unusable.
- Risk: The stage indicators may not display appropriate information.
- Severity Level: Warning
- Valid Result: Valid
- Valid Message:Workflow stage values are valid.
- Invalid Result: Warning
- Info Summary: Stage warnings found.
- Invalid Messages:
- Table T does not have a column named C.
- Workflow for table T has stages, but no stage column.
- Table T has a stage column "C," but no stages are set by activities.
- Workflow on table T has stage column "C" that is not type=workflow.
- Suggested Action: If this is not by design, make the appropriate changes.
- Publishable: Yes
- Runnable: Yes
- Related Information:
Workflow activities, Workflow stages
To check the stage column:
- Open and check out a workflow.
- Open the workflow version properties dialog by clicking the menu icon and selecting
- View the Stages tab or section.
- Check that the assigned stage column is actually a column in the table to which the
workflow is associated.
- Check that the column is type=workflow.
Tip: Stage columns should not be choice lists. If they are, the list appears read-only in
form views, since changing that column value outside the workflow engine does not ensure
safe tracking of stage states.