A feature of tasks is the ability to add a checklist. In an HR case or task, a checklist
can serve as a reminder to the HR agent to ensure that the procedure is followed.
A checklist can be added as a reminder for just the current case, or the HR agent can save the
checklist for reuse. Do not confuse checklists with HR tasks. Here is an example of how both
might be used for a request to change employee HR profile information.
- A manager submits an employee change request through the HR Service Portal when the employee
gets a promotion. An HR case is created with the request to change the title and position. This
HR case involves changes not only to the HR profile, but also to the records in the payroll and
performance management systems for the employee.
- HR tasks are added to the HR case to update the payroll and performance management systems.
Each HR task is assigned to an agent on the appropriate HR team, such as a payroll clerk and an
- The payroll clerk adds a checklist to the HR task as a reminder of how to time the payroll
record update for the correct payroll cycle.
- The HR agent adds a checklist to the HR case as a reminder to communicate the promotion
within the organization. For example, the checklist items are:
- Get the promotion into next company newsletter
- Let the manager know when the change reflects in the system
- Remind the employee to order new business cards, if applicable
Enable and reuse checklists
The checklist does not appear automatically in the HR case and HR task forms. If you decide to
use the checklist feature, the administrator must configure the forms in the form designer to
add the checklist formatter.
If you plan to reuse checklists for certain types of tasks, determine a naming convention that
makes it easy to find the checklist. All checklists are saved in the same list and are available
for selection in every type of task. For example, you may construct checklist names to begin
and then specify if it is for a case or task, and its purpose.
Examples based on the scenario include:
- HR case promotion reminders
- HR task payroll timing