The Planned Task
[planned_task] table provides standard fields for
tracking duration and effort.
Duration measures time from start to end date. Effort measures hours of work exerted on the
- Planned duration: the projected length of time for the planned task.
- Actual duration: the actual length of time so far for the planned task.
- Remaining duration: the Planned duration minus the Actual duration, which represents the
projected length of time left.
- Planned effort: the projected amount of time that will be spent on the planned task.
- Actual effort: the actual amount of time that has already been spent on the planned
- Remaining effort: the Planned effort minus the Actual effort, which represents the project
amount of work left.
- Percent complete: the Actual effort divided by the Planned effort, which estimates the
percentage of planned work which has been completed.