HR catalog and templates contain the catalog items and templates that employees use to
request HR assistance. Predefined catalog items have an associated HR case category and HR case
You can review and modify the predefined catalog items as needed. You can create catalog items
to use for other types of HR requests that are important to your organization. Maintain a 1:1
relationship between the catalog item, HR case category, and HR case template. Doing so makes it
easier to organize items in the catalog, manage case workload, and produce reports. Manage HR
Catalog module lets you create catalog items and automatically create the HR case category and HR
Terms used with the HR catalog
Several terms used throughout the Human Resources application are synonymous with each other.
These items are often referred to one way in the navigator, but when you open the module the
name at the top is different. The following list includes terms used for items associated with
the HR catalog.
Table 1. Synonymous HR Catalog terms
||Synonymous with term
||Product model or Model
It is also important to understand the two types of HR categories.
- HR catalog categories, which are used to group catalog items in the HR Service Portal or HR
- HR case categories, which are used for reporting and selected to assign a template to an HR
case. Typically used when an HR agent is entering a case for a caller through
Catalog item planning and creation
The following outlines a process to use when planning for and creating catalog items.
- Define the new catalog item: Determine the purpose of the HR request, and whether it needs
variables, tasks, or both.
- Variables are used to ask questions and to map the answers to fields, such as the comment
- Tasks are used to define work that must be completed in a specified order before the
request can be completed. Tasks can be assigned to different HR agents.
- Create the catalog item: Use the Manage HR Catalog module to create a catalog item. It
provides a simplified form where you enter a name and description, and select a catalog
category, assignment group, and default priority.
You can submit or publish the catalog
item. If you click Submit, the catalog item is saved but is not
active. You can then update it, for example, to add variables, before you publish it. You can
publish the catalog item to make it active immediately.
When you submit or publish in
the simplified form, a catalog item, HR case category, and HR case template are all
- Modify the catalog item: After you create the catalog item, you can access the catalog item
or the HR case template from the Manage HR Catalog page. Access the HR case template to add
fields, define required skills and assignment group, and add tasks. Access the catalog item to
add variables and specify user criteria.