The Visual Dispatch screen is similar to the timeline screen.
The visual dispatch option is available on work order tasks in Pending
Dispatch state with a Dispatch group
Keep the following in mind when using visual dispatch:
- Visual dispatch can only be reached through work order tasks, not work
- Users with the wm_dispatcher or wm_initiator_qualifier_dispatcher role can
access visual dispatch, but only if they belong to the assigned dispatch
- Users with the wm_admin or admin role do not belong to any dispatch groups
and cannot access visual dispatch.
- A single dispatch group may cover several assignment groups.
- An agent can belong to multiple assignment groups.
Open a work order task.
Click Visual Dispatch in the header or under
The Visual Dispatch form has these characteristics:
- The agent list on the left is organized by assignment group.
- Tasks appear as horizontal bars in the schedule pane with travel
times in blue and scheduled work times in purple.
- Unassigned tasks appear in the lower part of the screen.
- Assigned tasks appear in the upper part of the screen on the same
row as their assigned agent.
- Gray bars indicate tasks that are in Work in
Progress or Accepted
Change the perspective:
- Move the slider at the bottom of the chart right or left to scroll
across the chart, or adjust the end points of the slider to change
the magnification. A narrow slider zooms in on the tasks and
provides a more detailed view of travel time and work time. A wide
slider pulls the view out and makes more of the chart visible on the
- Click a time interval, such as 1M for one
month, from the options above the chart. The time interval zooms the
chart in or out starting with the current time and date, which is
signified by a vertical green line. Note that this does not hold
true, however, if the slider is adjusted so that no tasks are
- Specify a time interval by selecting From and
To dates above the chart.
Point to a task to obtain more information about it.
Change the duration of a task by clicking and dragging the left or right edge
of the task bar.
The system prompts you to confirm any changes you make to tasks in the
Move work and travel time simultaneously on the X (horizontal) axis by clicking
and dragging the work or travel time for a task to a new location.
Assign a work order task by dragging the task from the lower section of the
screen to an empty slot in the timeline corresponding to an agent in the upper
section of the screen.
A single agent cannot have multiple work order tasks scheduled to take place
at the same time. A message appears if the selected agent does not have the
skills specified for the task.
Reassign a work order task by dragging the task from one agent to the timeline
of a different agent in the upper part of the screen.
If a task has transfer orders that have shipped (in transit), the system
displays a warning and blocks any attempt to reassign the task. If the
transfer orders have been received or delivered, reassignment is permitted,
and the assets are moved to a state of In Stock /
Unassign a work order task by dragging the task from the upper section of the
screen to the lower section where unassigned tasks are listed.