You can suspend an HR case if you are unable to close the case within the duration
specified in the service level agreement (SLA).
Role required: hr_agent or hr_case_writer
For example, you may need to contact a vendor, such as the insurance administrator or
payroll processing company, to obtain the information needed to close the case.
After beginning work on the case, you can suspend it until the information is
received. This way the HR case does not show that the SLA is breached. When the
information is received, you enter it into the case and resume SLA tracking.
Open the HR case to suspend.
You must begin work on the case before you can suspend it.
The Suspend Reason pop-up window
Select one of the following suspension reasons and enter the information you
are waiting for.
- User: If you need more information from the employee before
- Company: If you are waiting for a reply from a vendor or other outside
- Document: If the employee needs to attach documentation to the HR
- Group: If you are waiting for a reply from an internal group.
- Other: If you suspend the case for any other reason.
For example, if you are waiting for the health insurance administrator to
investigate an employee claim, select Company for the
reason and enter "Results of investigation" or something similar.
The SLA stops progressing and the suspension notes appear in the
activity stream as work notes. You can continue to add work notes to a suspended
To resume a suspended HR case, open the case and click Resume.
The SLA progress is resumed.